The UBC Undergraduate Prize in Library Research is a way to showcase students’ effective and innovative use of library services, information experts and resources provided by the UBC Library. Applications for these prizes also provide students with an opportunity to reflect on their information-seeking experience, showcase their research beyond the classroom, and promote scholarship excellence at the undergraduate level at the University of British Columbia.
The Prize was established by UBC Library to encourage more and deeper use of its resources and collections, to advance information literacy at UBC, and to promote academic excellence at UBC.
The Undergraduate Prize in Library Research recognizes excellence in course-based research papers or projects that show evidence of:
- Significant inquiry using the UBC library, its resources, and collections
- Significant learning about the research and information-gathering process itself
Applications need to include course work or projects completed between September 1, 2021 and December 31, 2022.
Prizes will be awarded at the discretion of the Undergraduate Prize in Library Research adjudication committee. All prizes may not be awarded annually. Three prizes of $2,000 and two prizes of $1,000 are available.
- Online application form opens: Tuesday, January 3, 2023
- Submission deadline: Tuesday, February 28, 2023 at 11:59 p.m.
- Winners announced: Mid-April 2023
- Prize ceremony: May 2023
Visit https://about.library.ubc.ca/undergraduate-prize-in-library-research/ to learn more.