The Office of the Provost and Vice-President, Academic, UBC Vancouver, invites individuals to submit Letters of Intent (LOIs) for Large Teaching and Learning Enhancement Fund (TLEF) Transformation projects. The deadline is 3:00 pm on July 11, 2019.
ABOUT LARGE TLEF TRANSFORMATION PROJECTS
Large TLEF Transformation projects are multi-year projects that are intended to advance UBC’s strategic goals relating to transformative learning. Projects are eligible to receive up to $250,000 in funding. Typically, these projects impact multiple courses or programs, have the potential to involve collaboration across departments or Faculties, and align with one or more strategies or priorities in UBC’s strategic plan: Shaping UBC’s Next Century.
For this year’s TLEF funding round, proposals that address one or more of the following thematic areas are particularly welcome:
- Development of validated methods to assess student learning and integrate learning analytics to enhance evidence-informed pedagogies to improve student learning.
- Enhanced experiential and work-integrated learning opportunities (including proposals that support ongoing reflection and validation of experiential activities).
- Strengthen and expand Indigenous-focused curricula in existing programs, and competence for instructors in working with Indigenous topics.
- Development of approaches, resources or activities that actively engage with diversity and build capacity for inclusion in teaching and learning contexts.
- Creation or integration of open educational resources to make education more affordable and accessible to students.
- Development or integration of approaches relating to academic integrity into the first and second year of curricula.
Project submissions will go through a two-stage approval process. Successful applicants in the LOI stage will be invited to submit a full proposal that is due October 10, 2019.
A call for Small TLEF Innovation proposals (up to $50,000) will be announced in September 2019.