The 2022/23 Community-University Engagement Support (CUES) Fund is now open. Get up to $25,000 to support community-university partnerships that benefit communities across the province and advance collaborative research, teaching, and learning. Interested applicants are invited to submit a Notice of Intent by October 21, 2022.
Paid directly to community partners, CUES funding removes financial barriers and prioritizes reciprocal, inclusive engagement so all communities — especially those that have been and continue to be underserved, marginalized, or excluded — can benefit. This year, there is a total of $750,000 to fund up to 30 community-university projects.
We invite applicants looking to develop new or existing community-university relationships and especially welcome applications for collaborative projects that advance:
- Equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Indigenous engagement and reconciliation
- Health innovation and community wellbeing
- Sustainability and climate action
- Teaching, learning, and research excellence
The fund is open to BC-based community partners and UBC students, faculty, and staff.
The CUES fund is jointly administered by UBC Community Engagement and the Office of the Vice-President, Research and Innovation.
Upcoming Dates and Deadlines
- September 28, 2022: CUES Fund Info Session #1: What to know before applying
- October 21, 2022: Deadline to submit a Notice of Intent (NOI). All co-applicants must submit a brief NOI to confirm their eligibility.
Visit https://communityengagement.ubc.ca/our-work/cues-fund/ to learn more.